Conference Producer/Head of Life and Science portfolio
Conference Producer role is a strategic one, and is best suited to candidates with strong commercial acumen.
The role requires market research and liaison with chief executives and senior executives, and as such, the candidaterequires excellent communication and negotiation skills, in addition to the ability to research and identify new and emerging commercial issues and trends.
The individual is responsible for developing several events throughout the year, and meeting production targets and deadlines. The person will be responsible for producing a series of high-level conference events, across one or moreLife&Scienceindustry sectors, and meeting revenue targets.
• Researching the viability of Life&Science conference topics.
• Contacting the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what subjects are needed by the market
• Researching in detail the conference program and putting together a complete draft program.
• Contacting potential speakers, mainly by phone, and recruiting them onto the program.
• Creating an advisory board, if deemed necessary.
• Working with the chairman and speakers and sponsors of the conference to secure support to promote the event
• Working as part of a project management team, including marketing, sponsorship sales, telesales, and operations.
• Writing briefs for marketing, sponsorship and telesales and running internal team brief meetings.
• Running the conference on the day and in particular looking after the speakers.
• Monitoring the quality of the speakers’ presentations.
• Building longer term relationships with speakers/sponsors and delegates through industry networking and relationship building.
• Negotiating Speaker fees and expenses and staying within budget guidelines set down by the Managing Director.
• Meeting production targets and deadlines as outlined by the Managing Director
• High level of confidence and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Broad industry knowledge
• Experience in a related profession which involves research and speaking with senior management, such as journalism, executive search and industry sector research
Chief Marketing Officer
As a Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for formulating marketing strategies for international conferences and exhibitions by interpreting, analysing and researching from a variety of sources and turning this into actionable insight and recommendations. The successful Chief Marketing Officer will be an experienced marketing professional within B2B and will have excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for providing actionable market intelligence and customer insights to the organization by analysing research about our key markets and potential and existing customers.
• Peers with Managing Director on vision, strategies, timelines and execution of campaigns
• Manage, train, coach and monitor marketing and database research teams located in Moscow
• Create and develop digital content and channel strategies that support marketing programmes, to drive maximum reach, digital engagement and business results
• Direct and approve all company’s websites and web strategies
• Analyse customer and market data to produce clear findings and recommendations to the Managing Director
• Communicate analysis and relevant trends to key stakeholders across the business
• Manage the assessment and communication of customer data, this includes but would not be limited to; database stats, web analytics, social media activity, customer engagement and satisfaction
• Oversee field market research and customer surveys
• Tracking key marketing metrics to inform Managing Director on marketing effectiveness
• Detailing customer experience design and delivery for the company
• Contributing to new customer proposition projects and managing relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders
• Proactively seeking out opportunities to add value to the organisation
• Design and manage an integrated marketing machine that will operate effectively at future scale
• Proven track record in creating and delivering strategic marketing communications strategy
• Able to formulate and achieve challenging strategic objectives, based on clear understanding of market trends, client needs and business imperatives
• High level of experience in marketing with demonstrated success, preferably in the B2B sector
• Bachelor’s level education or equivalent (marketing, communications or business qualification desirable)
• Successful Marketing Automation execution using Magic or similar platform
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing communications activities
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational skills
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
• Strong leaderships skills with experience of direct line management
• Excellent knowledge of digital marketing platforms and tools
• Passion for communication and technologically adept with regards to digital channels, social media, website and trends
• Strong data analysis capability with experience of undertaking this analysis in a digitally lead environment
• Experience of web analytics tools
• Experience of managing a company database
• Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of or experience in B2B sales
• Must have a hands-on approach
• Ability to work proactively and manage own workload to tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and critical thinking
• Self-motivation is fundamental in this role as there is a high level of autonomy.
Marketing & Communications Manager
We are looking for a focused and determined marketing manager to join our dynamic and friendly office in Moscow. The marketing manager will devise and execute marketing campaigns for our portfolio of international conferences. The successful candidate will have to work on several events at the same time. The job requires the candidate to be ambitious, organised and able to cope with a deadline driven environment.
- Integrate the use of new technology (web, email, social media, search engines) into promotions
- Select topic responsive in-house lists for the telesales team and coordinate/schedule blitzing campaign
- Acquire competitive lists, coordinate with sponsors and speakers to ensure that they support the event marketing campaign
- Form cost effective alliances with suppliers/vendors
- Copy writing and proofing of all marketing materials (including emails) in conjunction with conference producers
- Analyse marketing campaigns and maintain complete promotional archive
- The successful candidate must be fluent in English and must be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written form.
- Graduate in Marketing or Communications or at least 12 months experience in a relevant direct marketing position in a comparable industry.
- Experience of liaising with suppliers is a plus.
- Effective communicator with excellent language skills.
- The candidate should have prior experience of working with a database.
- Advanced proficiency in both MS Word and Excel.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills and have attention to detail.
- Self motivation is fundamental in this role as there is a high level of autonomy.
Delegate Relations Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for passionate B2B Sales Managers to join Adam Smith Conferences' team!
Since 1992 Adam Smith Conferences have been developing a range of high-caliber industry forums, which attract thousands of key decision makers from governments and industry each year. Many of these events are now the established annual gatherings for industry players, which offer unrivaled insights into market trends and developments, investment opportunities, and commercial strategies for success.
- Work towards sales and call rate targets set down by the Head of Delegate Sales
- Gather additional data from the call campaigns, e.g. name and contact changes and ensure it is fed back to the database effectively
- To report back on progress and sales made on a weekly basis
- Generate leads from cold calling and networking and 50% warm calling
- Meet or exceed sales revenue targets, as established by management.
- Excellent communicator who can identify a customer’s needs, delivering a high level of customer service whilst maximising the sales opportunity.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Previous business to business sales experience would be an advantage
- A highly motivated self starter
- Open to change and new ideas
- Confident, and assertive
- Results driven
- Ambitious and constantly striving for excellence and success
- Good numerical and IT skills.
- Excellent English (both written and spoken) is a must.